MISSIONS AND VISSIONS
The Antonio Village Association’s Mission, Summarized:
Initial Incorporation: In the initial Articles of Incorporation, issued by the Republic of the Philippines Securities and Exchange Commission, Pasig, Metro Manila on September 3, 1976 (Document No. 69408), the Antonio Village Association, Inc.’s main purpose was to:
- Serve the best interest and welfare of the members and the community; represent them in all matters that may affect them.
- To help keep and maintain the prestige, honor and position of Antonio Village as a beautiful community of barrio San Antonio, Pasig, Metro Manila; contribute to and assist in the promotion of the general welfare, growth, and development of Antonio Village; foster the spirit of friendship, tolerance and better understanding among the members and their families.
- Conduct studies of different problems affecting the community and its residents and to formulate ways and means of solving the same; promote good neighborhood policy between the members of the Association and residents of the areas surrounding Antonio Village.
- To assist and aid in the fight against all forms of vice and crime in Pasig, Metro Manila, particularly juvenile delinquency; promote, establish and keep up good relationship between the local authorities and the Association and its members; and provide a wholesome atmosphere for the molding of the youths of Antonio Village for better citizenship, clean living, respect for elders and duly constituted authorities, and effective leadership in their futures.
- On April 18, 2011, the City Council of Pasig City informed AVA it had been “duly accredited”, and “As such…is now considered as a partner in governance of the City Government, and is now entitled to the rights of an accredited Organization under the provision of R.A. 7160, otherwise known as The Local Government Code of 1991.”
- A few months ago, the National Government’s Department of Tourism issued a message from the Secretary of Tourism, Honorable Ramon R. Jimenez, Jr, announcing its appointment of the Antonio Village Association as “the partner Non-Government Organization, tasked with the magnanimous project of transforming the Ortigas Center into a tourist destination.”
- On May 26, 2012, the Honorable Attorney Christian G. Sia, Councilor, Pasig City, and Chairman of the Pasig City Committee On Public Relations, Information and Non-Government Organizations, presided at the Induction Ceremony of the newly elected officers and directors of the Antonio Village Association. In his message that day, he stated in part, “Knowing too well the great contribution which your noble association has given towards the total upliftment of your community, in particular, and Pasig City, in general, for the past 36 years, allow me to congratulate you for a job well done and to urge you to renew your passion for civic service”.
The Antonio Village Association’s Vision:
The Antonio Village Association (AVA) will be an effective, fiscally sound, sustainable organization, appointed in partnership with the City of Pasig and the National Government’s Department of Tourism. It will advocate and achieve for its individual and corporate residents a full range of desirable and attractive tourism opportunities, residential housing, businesses, and cultural and recreational opportunities in a safe, secure and attractive environment for residents, visitors, and members of the area’s workforce. It will effectively represent its members in all matters that affect them. It will tirelessly advocate continuing development of a sustainable, technologically advanced community, with a functional multi-modal transportation system with expanding global connections. Antonio Village will be a great place to live, work and visit.
ORTIGAS CENTER SECURITY GROUP CONSULTANT COL. NELSON ELEAZAR; ORTIGAS CENTER SECURITY GROUP PRESIDENT AND THE NEWLY APPOINTED AVA DIRECTOR OF SECURITY COL. SAMSON M. TOCINO; AVA DIRECTOR MAJ. BERNARD RAMIREZ; AVA VICE PRESIDENT FOR INTERNAL AFFAIRS COMMITTEE ROGER MATIAS; AVA CHAIRMAN & CHAIRMAN ON "LITTLE SINGAPORE" COMMITTEE ATTY. JOSE MALVAR VILLEGAS JR.; MYSTICA CHARITY FOUNDATION PRESIDENT/FOUNDER AND BETTER GLOBE PHILIPPINES MANAGING DIRECTOR AS WELL AS AVA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF MARKETING, ADVERTISING, ENVIRONMENTAL & PUBLIC RELATIONS COMMITTEE AND ENTERTAINMENT PRODUCER & DIRECTORMYSTICA; AVA PRESIDENT & CHAIRMAN OF TENEMENT HOUSING/BUILDING COMMITTEE ATTY. ROGELIO D. GARCIA; AVA BOARD SECRETARY & CHAIRMAN OF MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE GEORGE P. BARCENILLA AND AVA PRESIDENT FOR EXTERNAL AFFAIRS MR. CHARLES MC.CAFFREY